Teradata Learning Materials

General

Teradata Learning Materials

Hi Everyone,

I am  new to the forum and Teradata. I have been working on Oracle database for the past 3 years but have no exposure to Teradata. I would dearly love to know Teradata and its usefullness in Data Warehousing.

Can anyone of you please tell me where to find learning materials for Teradata. What I am looking for is the SQL and PL/SQL replica of teradata since I would be mainly working on the back end. 

Thank you for all your help

Regards,

Prithwish

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Learning Materials

You can get your set up in your system . This link can help you below.

If you have worked on oracle in unix or windows, then for a newbie in TD it is just 

difference of commands from the front. However, the architecture is different.Then slowly

you will see bigger differences.

You can download the documents from teradata site. Read them first before implementing :)

so that you will know the beauty inside.

Cheers,

Teradata Employee

You can start as per Raja's suggestions. ANSI SQL works fine with Teradata. Hence you can have a good start .... in case you face any issue, you are always welcome to ask. :)

Enthusiast

You can gothrough below basic video to understand why teradata is suitable for Datawarehousing and it's features. Then can follow instructiond by Raja to have a good start -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6_zs6Pvb_ck

--Sri