It has become very slow fetching an answer set (serval seconds per row) during last several days using Teradata SQL Assistant. I never experienced this problem before. Rebooting the computer does not help. People use Teradata SQL Assistant in our office pritty intensively, but no one has ever experienced this problem. Please help.
I am experiencing the same problem. Did you find a solution to this?
My DBAs couldn't help. I need someone in the community to help with this.
It is frustrating to see 1000 rows fetch for 1500 seconds. Please help!
Can some please help me understand the problem?
My SQL Assitant has been upgraded from 13.10 to 14.10(with ODBC 14.00), and I still see the same problem. Fetching 2000 rows is taking more than 20 minutes.
I have the same problem in SQL Assistant.
Cuople additional points:
Slow answerset I have only with ODBC driver. With .NET everything OK.
The same problem with Teradata MDS ODBC connection.
I use TTU on Windows Server 2008 R2 PC.
I checked ODBC 13.10, 14.00, 14.10, 15.00, 15.10 - nothing helped.
Anyone faced with trouble like this?
I encountered the same issue with TeraData SQL Assistant yesterday. (Using ODBC) It was quite strange. All my answer sets returned at around 1 row per second or less. It impacted all my connections across various TD servers. I was the only person on my team impacted, though most others had moved on to TD Studio. I downloaded studio and the problem didn't seem to affect that client. Not wanting to give up SQL assistant, I tried a number of different things and finally stumbled upon a solution for this. Here are the sequence of things I tried but i suspect the last few steps - toggling connection pooling is what solved the problem...
1) Uninstalled TDSQL Assistant version I had (15.00) (Driver removed)
2) Downloaded latest version & Installed it. (New driver also installed along with it)
3) Set up a BRAND NEW ODBC connection and tried again. -- No change.
4) Switched from ODBC to TeraData .NET connection. (Drop down on top menu)
5) Problem resolved! Normal answerset return speeds
6) Switched back to ODBC
7) Problem came back. - Now I know this is a ODBC driver issue.
8) Launched ODBC console from windows.
9) Went into Connection pooling tab and tuned off connection pooling for the TeraData driver.
10) Tried query again (ODBC mode). SUCCESS! Normal answer set return speed.
11) Went back to ODBC console and turned on Connection pooling for the TeraData driver.
12) Problem did not return after several tests. All my existing ODBC connections had normal answerset return speeds in SQL Assistant.
It's possible that any of the above steps may have helped but I would recommend turning connection pooling off and on first for the ODBC driver.
open ODBC 32 or 64 console - click on tab called TRACING, click stop tracing. this would solve the problem. I happened with me and it's now resolved. Venu