Teradata Session ID Issue

General

Teradata Session ID Issue

I have a scenario where my production jobs are failing because the two jobs are using the same  session ID(scripting has been done like that if session id is same for 2 jobs it will fail). On further investigation, I found out that one of the job which ran earlier completed successfully, but the later one picked up the same session id used for the earlier job and eventually failed. I have also noticed that this issue is coming since the evolution of TD15.

Is there any way I can avoid this issue in future without going for the code change?

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Session ID Issue

The combination of logical host ID and session number is unique at a point in time, but the session number resets when the database is stopped / started.

Teradata Employee

Session numbers are recycled, but you can uniquely identify sessions with a compound key of SessionNo + LogonDate + LogonTime

We are facing this issue mostly on 3rd weekend of the month and this has been a trend since then. Is there any way we could know how this session ID gets generated in Teradata and why it recycles the session id only during this time of the month for the same day?