Teradata XML services--Help needed with XML Shredding

General

Teradata XML services--Help needed with XML Shredding

Hi,

We have downloaded the XML services for teradata recently and started using it. But we got stuck at the first step of the shredding process.

When we are tying to execute the following procedure from TSA we are getting an error and we are not able to proceed further.

call sysxml.gen_db_canonical_schema('databasename','tablename','userid','password',schemadoc)

I am getting the error.
:
5674 : Lobs are not allowed to be selected in record or indicator modes.

Could someone shed more light on this issue...and the solution.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata XML services--Help needed with XML Shredding

I forwarded your question to our XML service person, stay tuned.
Teradata Employee

hvganipineni,

Here is the response.

Yes, it can be done with bteq, and can not within TSA. But there is a workaround:

call sysxml.gen_db_canonical_schema('databasename','tablename','userid','password',cast(schemadoc, as varchar(64000)))

Schemadoc is a output parameter of LOB type. It can not be selected/returned within TSA. To workaround it is to convert to VARCHAR type.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi, thanks for a workaround, but it worked with TSA too, I just need to check the option to Use Native Large Object Support in my ODBC connection.
N/A

Hi ,
I am trying to execute the following statement,and it is going for sleep,and finally i have to abort to get out of it from SQA.According to Orange book,it should ask for a file to save the
contents in, .xsd file.But its not asking for any prompt.Any idea were i might be going wrong ? Thanks.

Call sysxml.gen_query_canonical_schema('select * from work_db.test1','mww','mww',outv);

Regards
Shobhit
N/A

And executing the abpve statement,gives the error "Cant connect with database.",after replacing userid,password and databasename.Any suggestions please ?

call sysxml.gen_db_canonical_schema('databasename',' tablename','userid','password',schemadoc).

Hi Shokap did you get ans for your question.

And executing the abpve statement,gives the error "Cant connect with database.",after replacing userid,password and databasename.Any suggestions please ?

call sysxml.gen_db_canonical_schema('databasename',' tablename','userid','password',schemadoc).

Hello everyone,

I am new to Teradata XML services, it is installed and configured on our dev system.

I am getting the following error when i call the SP.

call SYSXML.GEN_QUERY_CANONICAL_SCHEMA    ( 'select * from workdb.testtable', 'mww', 'mww', outv);

CALL Failed. 7504:  in UDF/XSP/UDM SYSXML.GEN_QUERY_CANONICAL_SCHEMA_U: SQLSTATE U0027: Failed to create a CLI connector. 

I will greatly appreciate any help.

I will appreciate if someone can please share with me the steps which needs to be performed for XML shredding.I have a consolidated input XML file.

Thanks

Sahmed