Updates to Teradata Documentation

General
Enthusiast

Updates to Teradata Documentation

I have downloaded and installed the Teradata Documentation CD collection fro my release (13.10), but it is dated December 23, 2010 and appears not to include updates since that date.  For example, the "SQL Fundamentals" book is dated as August 25, 2011.

Is there any way to update the copy of the documentation I downloaded so it contains the most current copy?  If not, can I suggest that an updated copy of the CD be made available for download?

Of course, I don't know what changes were made; perhaps they were just cosmetic or other trivial updates.  However, it would be nice to have a complete set to match our installation.  I intend on posting this to an internal server so it can be shared by all users in our group, so I'd like it to be as accurate and as complete as possible.

Thanks!

Bob

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Updates to Teradata Documentation

The date shown on the www.info.teradata.com is not the revision date of the manual or CD. If you download the individual SQL Fundamentals manual, it is the same August 2010 revision included in the CD image that has the December date. In general, PDF manuals are not updated between major/minor releases. (Some products do have interim releases between Database / TTU releases; there would be updates available for those.)

I think the dates on the website are the dates uploaded; can't say why SQL Fundamentals has a date that much later than most 13.10 documentation.

Enthusiast

Re: Updates to Teradata Documentation

Well, if that's true, it's sad.  I would  hope someone on the Teradata team would correct this and use the "publication date" instead of the "upload date".  Otherwise it's almost useless and certainly misleading.

At least it's not as bad as Microsoft Word documents that display a publication date based on a function that uses the current system date (another of my many pet peeves).

Thanks for the reply!