Welcome to the Teradata Developer Exchange discussion forums!

General
Teradata Employee

Re: Welcome to the Teradata Developer Exchange discussion forums!

@rrain: please post this in the Connectivity forum.
Not applicable

Sorry this is my first time and I hope this is the right place to post this. I had installed Teradata Express on my laptop running Windows XP Pro and the files are store on an external drive. Unfortunately my external drive was corrupted and unreadable. I need to uninstall the old copy and reinstall a new copy. When I attempted to unistall the database, it could not find the xxx program. What is the best way to do the reinstall? What Tag should I use for this posting?
Enthusiast

Q: Can anyone describe that how we can find the Data change frequency in table or column?

Example: I have a table with 5 columns and suppose 100 rows in my table next day i have added the 10 rows again next day i have added 10 rows and again next day i have delete the 5 rows or update 5 rows then finally how we can find that what is the data change frequency in table in respect of percentage?

Note: Based on this percentage we need to collect stats on table or column.

Dear All

I have just registered to Teradata forum and very new. If my question is posted under wrong section sincere apologies.

In one of our current project data is extracted from 1200 source tables (Residing on Oracle 10G), data is extracted using Oracle Data_Pump + PLSQL into a dump file (.dmp or .exp) and imported into Oracle Target 1200 tables using Oracle PLSQL. Just an overnight CDC from source. No transformation of Data.

We do have intentions to move our Target across to Teradata. When this happens,

Question: Can Teradata utilities read contents from Oracle (.dmp or .exp) file which is binary format in import data to target tables residing on Teradata?
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

@Kris_Kaza: please create a new topic in the Database forum.
Teradata Employee

@thakurrabikant: Again, please post in the database forum.
Teradata Employee

@AndrewChing: please post this in the Database or Cloud Computing forum.
Not applicable

What are Major Differences Between Teradata V2R6 and Teradata 12.0 can someone please let me know.
Not applicable

Hi All...just joined this forum.
Enthusiast

silent installation of teradata client ( teraGSS, tdicu and cliv2) on NT.

Hi,

Can some one tell me how to do the silent installation of teradata client ( teraGSS, tdicu and cliv2) on NT?

Thanks,
Sowmya.