Welcome to the Teradata Developer Exchange discussion forums!

General
Teradata Employee

Welcome to the Teradata Developer Exchange discussion forums!

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED TO NEW COMMENTS. Please post questions in a new topic.

Teradata Developer Exchange is now hosting all the Teradata-related technical discussion forums. These forums are replacing the previous legacy Teradata discussion forums, but if you cannot find an answer to a topic here, please search the previous forums before posting.

Who can post here? Any registered user. But we have a few guidelines for you. 

• Search the forums (using the sidebar at right) before posting a question.
  • But don't be afraid to ask questions. We're friendly around here!
  • When posting a new topic, provide a useful subject line. The subject line should give a succinct but informative explanation of the topic.
  • Again when posting a new topic, use the "tags" textfield to annotate your topic. This makes it easier to search for and interrelate topics.
  • Post your topic in the most appropriate forum, and please don't cross-post your topic into multiple forums. If you don't know where to post your topic, post it in the General forum.
  • When responding to a topic, try to stay on-subject. If necessary, post a new topic.
  • Don't get personal, and don't gratuitously attack persons or companies. This includes our competitors, even if their products aren't nearly as awesome as ours!

If you have feedback on the new forums, you can respond to this topic, or post a new topic into the General forum. Please enjoy the new forums, and remember: work hard, be nice, have fun!

Tags (1)
90 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Welcome to the Teradata Developer Exchange discussion forums!

Are all of the "legacy" forums being moved here? Or only some of them?
Teradata Employee

Only the technical "legacy" forums are being hosted here. Some non-technical forums will continue to be hosted at the
previous location
. These include:
- Jobs
- Marketing Tips and CRM Best Practices
- PARTNERS 2009
- Training
Teradata Employee

There has been some discussion on why there are no direct equivalents to these legacy forums:
- Teradata Advanced Analytics User Group
- Data Warehousing
The short answer is that there doesn't appear to be enough differentiation between those forums and the Database forum. Many of the topics posted in those forums are not particular to "Advanced Analytics" or "Data Warehousing". We also posted a topic into those forums last week asking for opinion on whether these legacy forums were needed, and nobody requested that we keep them. That said, if at some point down the line we find that there's value in re-instating them, then we can easily do so.
Enthusiast

Any plans to move the content of the old forums over to this forum.
Teradata Employee

We're investigating the feasibility of doing this, and it's certainly something we'd like to do. However, the timeline, if feasible, is weeks-months from now.
Fan

I have a question on how to check for the end of a file in cursor processing in a stored procedure. I have two cursors and I am checking for sqlstate = 00000 for successful processing but I need to know when one of the cursors hits end of file before the other. Would I declare 2 saved fields and stored the value after each fetch? Is it a simple set saved_sqlstate = sqlstate after each fetch? I can't find any documenation on this. I don't know if this is where I ask my question so if not, could you please redirect me? Thank you.
Teradata Employee

@Cheryl: this is the wrong thread for that topic... try creating a new topic in the Database forum: http://developer.teradata.com/forum/database
Teradata Employee

What about the old ATR does it move to this new forum ?
Teradata Employee

The ATR is still operating independently. We may investigate forum/mailing-list integration at some point, but not in the immediate future.