otranslate function traslate 1Axc/ASCII 26

General
General covers Articles, Reference documentation, FAQs, Downloads and Blogs that do not belong to a specific subject area. General-purpose Articles about everything and anything
Enthusiast

otranslate function traslate 1Axc/ASCII 26

Hello all..

When I tried to translate ASCII control characters 0-32 using otranslate function but it is failing with untraslatable error.

Got the info by referring TD doc that 1Axc is substitute character for error characters which can't be translate to other character set.

I tried translating only 1Axc character even that failed.

Can someone help me here, Is that mean we can't translate 1Axc using Otraslate function or what does substitute charcter means here...

Thanks you..

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: otranslate function traslate 1Axc/ASCII 26

Use a UDF from the Unicode Tool Kit (e.g., udf_checklatin) to substitute the Latin '1A'xc with an accepted character like the question mark. The UTK can be downloaded from the developer exchange. See chapter 8 of the International Character Sets reference for more information on Character Error Handling.

-Dave

Enthusiast

Hi David,

Does this tool need to be installed on Teradata database server before using it?

Teradata Employee

Yes, the UDFs from the Unicode Tool Kit (e.g., udf_checklatin) need to be created as UDF objects in the Teradata database server before using them.

Dave