steps to install td-ttu-15.10.05_for_Windows

General
Enthusiast

steps to install td-ttu-15.10.05_for_Windows

Hi,

I've installed td-ttu-15.10.05_for_Windows and extracted the zip file. can someone please share me the steps to install td-ttu-15.10.05_for_Windows.which setup file has to be installed and other configuaration to set up connectivity.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: steps to install td-ttu-15.10.05_for_Windows

Hi,

Installation of TTU on windows is very straight forward. Just click on TTU_Base.exe and follow the step on screen. No special configuration required. It will install all the basic utilites on the system. 

TTU_DBM.exe Consist of the database management utilities, and you can omit them if you need to do only development. Otherwise install it the same way.

Once installed, just add an odbc entry, using the Teradata Server IP, username and passsword. Launch SQL Assistant from the installed TTU folder, and hit connect using ODBC.

Br,

Khurram

Khurram

Hey mu CPU does not support VT-x i have checked in the BIOS and not able to use VM Ware so i use teradatafor the same.pls lket me know. and HOW pls it is veryurgent i have to worked on that as soon as possible. i have downloadede the teradata studio express.

Enthusiast

Hi Michael,

Which CPU do you have? Teradata VM is supported on almost all of the CPUs. 

If you are trying to learn Teradata on your own, VM-Ware is the only option. 

Br,

Khurram

Khurram