what might be the reason if a job fails in acqusition phase and application phase

General
Enthusiast

what might be the reason if a job fails in acqusition phase and application phase

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone help me,what might be the reason to fail a job in acqusition phase and application phase in multiload and fastload?

I need the reason,why a job fails in acquisition phase and application phase.

I dont need how to restart.I new to TD pls help me by giving explanation

Regards,
Purushotham
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: what might be the reason if a job fails in acqusition phase and application phase

Hi raja,

Pls help me out by reply me the above question.i.e
Why fastload or multiload fails in acqusition phase and application phase.pls tell the reason in both phases...

Hope you will give the proper explanation...
Enthusiast

Re: what might be the reason if a job fails in acqusition phase and application phase

For mload, you can read the this small chapter "Handling Teradata MultiLoad Errors". It  explains about Acquisition Error Table and Application Error Table. Reading the error and log tables will give a vivid explanation of the root causes.

Similarly, you can read fastload document on this chapter: "Handling Teradata FastLoad Errors"

where it highlights about constraint violations,conversion errors, duplicates  ...

Reading the document and real time experience  will give the best proper explanation.

Hi Raja,

Where can we find the document,could you please provide the link?

Regards,

Siddu

Enthusiast