Having an Issue with CHAR,VARCHAR,DATE Data types while exporting/importing from Hive to Teradata using TDCH

Hadoop

Having an Issue with CHAR,VARCHAR,DATE Data types while exporting/importing from Hive to Teradata using TDCH

Hello,

I am trying to Import/Export Tables from/to Teradata into Hive. But If Hive table has CHAR/VARCHAR/DATE data types, I am getting below error from TDCH Connector

INFO tool.ConnectorExportTool: ConnectorExportTool starts at 1473252737445

INFO common.ConnectorPlugin: load plugins in file:/tmp/hadoop-unjar6516039745100009834/teradata.connector.plugins.xml

INFO hive.metastore: Trying to connect to metastore with URI thrift://el3207.bc:9083

INFO hive.metastore: Connected to metastore.

INFO processor.TeradataOutputProcessor: output postprocessor com.teradata.connector.teradata.processor.TeradataBatchInsertProcessor starts at:  1473252738715

INFO processor.TeradataOutputProcessor: output postprocessor com.teradata.connector.teradata.processor.TeradataBatchInsertProcessor ends at:  1473252738715

INFO processor.TeradataOutputProcessor: the total elapsed time of output postprocessor com.teradata.connector.teradata.processor.TeradataBatchInsertProcessor is: 0s

INFO tool.ConnectorExportTool: com.teradata.connector.common.exception.ConnectorException: CHAR(6) Field data type is not supported

at com.teradata.connector.common.tool.ConnectorJobRunner.runJob(ConnectorJobRunner.java:140)

at com.teradata.connector.common.tool.ConnectorExportTool.run(ConnectorExportTool.java:62)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:76)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:90)

at com.teradata.connector.common.tool.ConnectorExportTool.main(ConnectorExportTool.java:780)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)

16/09/07 14:52:19 INFO tool.ConnectorExportTool: job completed with exit code 14006

alternate way I can see here is changing CHAR/VARCHAR/DATE to string type in Hive table and do the import/export.

Changing the existing tables is not an optimal solution , Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks,

1 REPLY

Re: Having an Issue with CHAR,VARCHAR,DATE Data types while exporting/importing from Hive to Teradat

Hi,

I'm also in the same boat. I'm trying to export the teradata table into hive but the date field in hive is throwing error.how were you able to resolve the issue? Any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Praneeth