Sqoop import latin characters as similar character set from Teradata

Hadoop
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Sqoop import latin characters as similar character set from Teradata

I'm trying to sqoop import some latin charatcer column from teradata.

The requirement is to populate the characters similar to the source i.e Teradata ( Same character set)

PFB the sqoop command

qoop import --connect jdbc:teradata://**bleep**/DATABASE=**bleep**--username **bleep**-P --query "SELECT TIN_ID,TIN_NBR,TIN_NM,TYPE_CD,TYPE_DESC,MDM_EU_ID,STATUS_TXT,SYS_OF_REC_ID,ETL_LOAD_ID,LOAD_RUN_TS,cast(begin(LOAD_EFFECT_PRD) as timestamp(6))as BEGIN_LOAD_EFFECT_PRD,cast(end(LOAD_EFFECT_PRD) as timestamp(6))as END_LOAD_EFFECT_PRD,LOAD_CUR_REC_IND,LOAD_ACTN_CD,LOAD_HASH_KEY_VAL, LOAD_HASH_DATA_VAL FROM db.table  where 1=1 AND \$CONDITIONS" --fields-terminated-by '\001' --target-dir /folder -m1

I did try to mention UTF-8 or 'ISO-8859-1' in sqoop connection string, still the data is populated as below.

Source data Ê¸í¼ÿ'XôöàƯ´¢+ò¸¿— ʸí¼ÿ'XôöàƯ´¢+ò¸¿—

HDFS data 'X��+� qt�;k2�V�"�R~

My question is , Is there any way to replicate the same character set from teradata in hadoop as well ?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: Sqoop import latin characters as similar character set from Teradata

I see that your charset in JDBC Teradata URL is not UTF8. 

And it seems like others have asked similar question else where in a different civilization.

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/72146/how-to-sqoop-teradata-column-with-latin-charset-in...