Teradata connector points to old lib when runing TPT TDCH to import from Teradata to Hadoop

Hadoop
Enthusiast

Teradata connector points to old lib when runing TPT TDCH to import from Teradata to Hadoop

Hi everyone,

I have installed Teradata connector for hadoop 1.4.4 using teradata-connector-1.4.4-hadoop2.x.noarch.rpm and I can run "hadoop jar /usr/lib/tdch/1.4/lib/teradata-connector-1.4.4.jar" using it.  However, when I run TPT jobs via TDCH, the job log shows "the teradata connector for hadoop version is: 1.3.4".

I realised that the following files exist and TPT references it all the time, which triggers 1.3.4

/opt/teradata/client/15.00/tbuild/jar/teradata-connector-hdp2.1.jar

/opt/teradata/client/15.00/tbuild/jar/teradata-connector-hdp1.3.jar

Those files may be left over from previous installation by someone.  Apparently when I install TDCH1.4.4, I did not unintall them.   However, when checking the readme file, I could not figure out how to uninstall them, because I don't know the original package name.  I simply move them to an archive directory but the TPT job just failed with error "Not a valid JAR: /opt/teradata/client/15.00/tbuild/jar/teradata-connector-hdp2.1.jar"

My question is if there is a way to set the PATH to let TPT points to /usr/lib/tdch/1.4/lib/teradata-connector-1.4.4.jar, which is the right location for the latest TDCH?  I have tried a few options, e.g. the following but it seems not working.

export TDCH_JAR=/usr/lib/tdch/1.4/lib/teradata-connector-1.4.4.jar

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/tdch/1.4/lib/teradata-connector-1.4.4.jar

thanks

1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata connector points to old lib when runing TPT TDCH to import from Teradata to Hadoop

OK, further investigation shows that the pre-existing TDCH 1.3.4 i.e. /opt/teradata/client/15.00/tbuild/jar/teradata- connector-hdp2.1.jar is part of installation of TPT release 15.00.00.05.  It is embedded and installed from tptbase1500-15.00.00.05-1.noarch.rpm.  This jar is automatically selected based on a run-time check of the Hadoop version present on the system. 

So the question is again how to let TPT to pick the lastest TDCH (i.e. 1.4.4) outside the TPT installation?