ODBC(1.1.8.1016) connection issue Presto

Presto

ODBC(1.1.8.1016) connection issue Presto

Hi, 

I downloaded TeradataPrestoODBC-64bit-1.1.8.1016-1.rpm from Teredata website and installed presto-server-0.179 from presto.io. I did ODBC configuration and able to connect to Presto.

when I run some simple query. ( "select * from region" -- testing table under tpch.sf1). I got the following error

[S1000][Teradata][Presto] (1060) Presto Query Error: line 1:1: mismatched input '{' expecting {'(', 'SELECT', 'DESC', 'WITH', 'VALUES', 'CREATE', 'TABLE', 'INSERT', 'DELETE', 'DESCRIBE', 'GRANT', 'REVOKE', 'EXPLAIN', 'SHOW', 'USE', 'DROP', 'ALTER', 'SET', 'RESET', 'START', 'COMMIT', 'ROLLBACK', 'CALL', 'PREPARE', 'DEALLOCATE', 'EXECUTE'} (1)

I got same error when I connect with Tableau using odbc driver.

same sql running fine under presto-cli.

Any compatibility issue here? 

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: ODBC(1.1.8.1016) connection issue Presto

Teradata Presto ODBC and JDBC drivers are compatible with the releases of Presto offered by Teradata. They may not work with open source versions downloaded from prestodb.io. Please download the corresponding version of Presto from Teradata site as well and it should work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Teradata Presto ODBC and JDBC drivers are compatible with the releases of Presto offered by Teradata. They may not work with open source versions downloaded from prestodb.io. Please download the corresponding version of Presto from Teradata site as well and it should work.

Thanks, I tried it out with Teredata version and it works.