Presto installation running out of disk space

Presto
Teradata Employee

Re: Presto installation running out of disk space

We used the offline installer of prestoadmin 2.1 for RHEL to install presto on OLE as it's based on RHEL. We couldn't use the online installer as the cluster doesn't have internet access. Is there a specific python library I should check the version of on the nodes?

I can try to rename the RPM to what prestoadmin is looking for on the nodes then rerun the install command, but this may not work for the move into production.

Teradata Employee

Hi Jason,

I think the weird name for the rpm could be a permissions issue.  When presto-admin deploys the rpm to the cluster, it first copies it to a temporary location and names it a random alphanumeric string.  Then using sudo, it copies it over to the final location.  If the location specified is a directory, (which it is), it will add the original filename to the end of the path before doing the move.  However, if the check whether the path is a directory fails (either if it's not a directory or if any error is encountered), it moves the file to the the path it's given without tacking on the file name to the path.  Since in this case the path was actually a directory, the file retains its randomly generated name.    Can you check that the user can stat the destination directory for the rpm?

Teradata Employee

Yeah the user doesn't have permission to the directory. Does it stat the directory without sudo? If so that would explain it, but if it runs the mv as sudo it should stat the directory as sudo as well right?

btw, we were able to successfully complete the installation by renaming the RPM manually and running server install again.