jdbc connection requiring uid/pwd

Presto
Teradata Employee

jdbc connection requiring uid/pwd

Client (a bank) has both a Hadoop (cloud based) and  Teradata(on-prem) setup and would like to do federated queries from Hadoop. The config file for teradata requires the password to be explicitly set. However the client has a security concern about the pwd visible in a file on the cluster which if compromised can have other ramifications.

Can you suggest any alternate solutions to mitigate this risk ?

teradata.connection.user=someuser

teradata.connection.password=*********

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: jdbc connection requiring uid/pwd

Hi

Is this for QG 1.0 or 2.0?

-Akshat

Teradata Employee

It's possible I may not have understood your question.

I though QueryGrid is to Teradata what Presto is to Hadoop.

The scenario is Presto is on the Hadoop ecosystem using a Teradata connector to pull data from Teradata. 

Teradata Employee

Hi

To read data from Teradata, Presto uses a connector for Querygrid. Depending on what version of Querygrid you are using I can give you an answer. Can you verify

the version of Querygrid connector (P2T) and also Presto version? 

The newer version of Querygrid (v 2.0) has come out recently and has more capabilities. For version 1.0 you have to use Kerberos or you have to give username/password

in config. You can refer to the documentation for P2T connector. 

Tags (1)
Teradata Employee

Please consider using Teradata Connector for Hadoop (TDCH). TDCH is Teradata's recommended product for transferring data between Hadoop and the Teradata Database.

Here is a link to obtain more information about TDCH:

https://community.teradata.com/t5/Connectivity/Teradata-Connector-for-Hadoop-Now-Available/td-p/1713...

TDCH uses the Teradata JDBC Driver to communicate with the Teradata Database.

TDCH takes care of securely providing the JDBC password to all the systems in the Hadoop cluster.

Teradata Employee

Their requirement is also "do federated queries from Hadoop"

@tomnolan I do not think TDCH is capable to querying across systems like Querygrid.