Fast Export for tables having more than 600 Columns

Teradata Applications

Fast Export for tables having more than 600 Columns

Hi,

I am facing an issue with fast export. I am extracting data using Fast export on unix environment from table which is having more than 600 columns. Now after extraction, one record is broken into multiple lines. For e.g,

col1|col2|col3....|col10

|col11

|col12|col13|col14

|col15|col16|col17....|col650

According to the previous suggestions, I have tried casting all the columns to Char but it is failing saying "Excessively Complex Expression".

Please help me on solving this issue.

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Fast Export for tables having more than 600 Columns

Please verify the length of the columns if there are any char columns please try to cast into varchar. Also i believe you are using  .export outfile /../datafile.csv MODE RECORD FORMAT TEXT; I do not think it is broken into multiple lines instead represented on multiple lines due to the width of the UNIX set. Can you confirm moving the cursor from one line to the other goes from one record to the other instead of one line to another. Also please check the stty settings of your environemnt. what is the column width for col11?

Enthusiast

To prove that it is one row (or so-called one line), you can  grep that value or you can use head and tail unix commands together,,i mean pipe;

Cheers,

@krishaneesh: Thanks for your reply

There are no char column, only varchar, date and decimal datatypes have been used and yes I am using .export outfile /../datafile.csv MODE RECORD FORMAT TEXT;

Actually it was broken into multiple lines because I tested it by creating a separate datafile with few records only. When I open the datafile, it shows one record in multiple lines.

Because the file size is very big I cannot open it in vi editor.