TPT 13.0 is compatible with Windows 7??

Teradata Applications
Enthusiast

TPT 13.0 is compatible with Windows 7??

Hi all,

This is my 1st post in this forum..I am new to Teradata. I have Windows 7 enterprise edition in my PC. The problem is that while using TPT- Teradata parallel Transporter wizard 13.0, it works fine till the end where we have to click finish and Job will start executing.. But even after clicking finish job does not start (I have checked the checkbox RUN JOB after clicking finish).

Looks like it is connecting to the database ... generating fast load script also but not able to submit/execute it.

Could any one please help me regarding this??

7 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: TPT 13.0 is compatible with Windows 7??

Hi,

Please reply.

Regards,

Mish

Junior Supporter

Depending on your HW/SW architecture, but I'm pretty sure it's compatible as per excel B0353119110K.xls.

To locate detailed supported-release information:

1 Go to http://www.info.teradata.com/.

2 Click General Search under Online Publications.

3 Type 3119 in the Publication Product ID box.

4 Under Sort By, select Date.

5 Click Search.

6 Open the version of the Teradata Tools and Utilities ##.# Supported Platforms and Product Versions spreadsheet associated with this release.

The spreadsheet includes supported Teradata Database versions, platforms, and product release numbers.

HTH.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Hello,

I am trying to install Teradata Express 13.10 for VMware@ Player on my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop.    The emailed link I got pointed to "Teradata_Express_120.exe" which I believe is the 32 bit version and will not install on my machine.

From a co-worker, I got the zip file that was supposed to be linked in the email.  However, after downloading it ("td-ttu-13.10.00.00.zip") and unzipping it, the SETUP.EXE never runs when I double click on it.

I am stuck and apparently cannot do anything.  Does anyone have any help to offer?

Thank you,

Troy

Enthusiast

You did not get a good archive.  The genuine download should be a zip archive of a VMWare VM image.  It does not contain any Windows executables.  You run it by opening the *.vmx file with VMWare Player.

Fan

I am new to Teradata environment and trying to learn.

I have WIN 7 - 32BIT OS on my laptop and Installed TD express 13.0 and I did not get any error messages during my installation and also I am able to start the teradata base..

The only issue what I am having is I dont see SQL ASSISTANT installed successfully. I could not find in the TOOL list . Do you have any ida what is the problem??

I have been looking on web for this issues last couple of weeks, I dont find any issue like this,

I have uninstalled and re-installed the entire TD but stil have the same problem.

If any one has any idea could you please help me out??

Teradata Employee

Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit is supported as long as it is 32-bit ... and should install with all the tools including the SQL Assistant. The included SQL Assistant is Teradata SQL Assistant 13.0.0.7. You should be able to find this under Start >> All Programs >> Teradata Client 13.0 >> Teradata SQL Assistant.  Alternatively, you can find the SQLA.exe executable under [installation location]>> Teradata >> Client >>13.0 >> Teradata SQL Assistant

Please read the Teradata Express FAQ before installing.

In the Teradata Express 13 installation menu you should install the components in order (top-down), including the “Teradata Tools and Utilities” installation button which should install the Teradata SQL Assistant under the locations specified above. When installing remember to install the items in the same order (top-down) and without restarting the system except after the last item to install.

Teradata Employee

Teradata Tools & Utilities V13.1 (including SQL Assistant) can be downloaded from here. This is the latest version currently available.