Teradata Creating Thousands of 0kb Description Fiiles

Teradata Applications

Teradata Creating Thousands of 0kb Description Fiiles

Hello, we support a Terminal Server environment and the Teradata Client v14 is creating thousands of Description files that are 0kb in the users profile in the My Documents folder. When this happens it corrupts the profile and the user cannot login. Could you provide us steps that we can pass onto the users on how to adjust Teradata settings to stop creating these files or at least remove them when the applicaiton is closed?

teradata.png

Accepted Solutions
rjg
Supporter

Re: Teradata Creating Thousands of 0kb Description Fiiles

You can also have the column treated as a Blob or Clob only after a certian size is met under the same menu/data format.

Test to find a setting that will handle you description columns.

You can limit the rows returned here also.

Last, the users should be being prompted before these fields are written to the my documnets folder.

The can select 'cancel' to have the results returned to the screen instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES
rjg
Supporter

What client software are you using?

Assuming Sqla you can change file path under tools/options/filepaths.

Rglass

Thanks for the reply. There are two applications published so I'm not sure which one is creating these files - Teradata BTEQwin and Teradata SQL Assistant. Is there an option besides changing the path to limit the amount of description files created or delete them at application close? User accumalate over 500,000 of these 0kb files in a month or two and it can take us over 4 hours to delete them from their profile.

rjg
Supporter

You can also have the column treated as a Blob or Clob only after a certian size is met under the same menu/data format.

Test to find a setting that will handle you description columns.

You can limit the rows returned here also.

Last, the users should be being prompted before these fields are written to the my documnets folder.

The can select 'cancel' to have the results returned to the screen instead.

Thank you. I will pass this along to the users.