Can we migrate Teradata to Amazon DynamoDB

Teradata Database on AWS
Visitor

Can we migrate Teradata to Amazon DynamoDB

Can we migrate Teradata to Amazon DynamoDB?

Say for example I have table_1 in Teradata, I need to create the same table table_1 in DynamoDB, and I need to move the data from Teradata table_1 to dynamodb table_1. Is this something I can achieve?

Say I have this below table in Teradata. Can I create this in DynamoDB and can I move the data from Teradata to DynamoDB?

CREATE SET TABLE FDM_TABLES_DB.OA3NF_CUSTOMER ,
NO FALLBACK ,
     NO BEFORE JOURNAL,
     NO AFTER JOURNAL,
     CHECKSUM = DEFAULT,
     DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO
     (
      CUSTOMER_ID DECIMAL(18,0) NOT NULL,
      CUSTOMER_NAME VARCHAR(360) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC,
      CUSTOMER_TYPE_CD VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC NOT NULL,
      OA_LAST_UPDATE_DTTM TIMESTAMP(6) FORMAT 'YYYY-MM-DDHH:MI:SS',
      OA_YEAR_ESTABLISHED DECIMAL(4,0),
      OA_CUSTOMER_STATUS_CD VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC NOT NULL,
      OA_CUST_FISCAL_YEAREND_MONTH VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC,
      CUSTOMER_NUMBER VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC)
PRIMARY INDEX OA3NF_CUSTOMER_1 ( CUSTOMER_ID );

We did a CBS (Columbia Broadcast System) project before.

In this project we migrated the data from Oracle to Teradata using Informatica PowerCenter. The client is now looking to move the data to AWS and my manager is asking me to check whether we can migrate the data from Teradata to DynamoDB? If yes how we can achieve it?

For example, I have 3 tables in Teradata:

Customer under customer we have below columns
Customer_id, customer_name
Product under product we have below columns
product_id, product_name, customer_name
3.address under address table we have below columns

customer_id, customer_address, customer_name
With the help of customer_ID or Customer_name I can fetch the data from all the three tables at a time.

You are saying we cannot achieve this in DynamoDB because it is NoSQL database. So, if I want to fetch the data from all the three tables in DynamoDB what do I need to do?

Based upon the project we developed we have dimension tables and fact tables if we want to load the data from Teradata how we need to load it to DynamoDB is my question is this possible or not?

And fortunately we need reports too.

Tags (2)