Configuring DSC

Teradata Database on AWS
Teradata Employee

Configuring DSC

I have invoked the Minimum Production cloudformation template and constructed a Teradata ecosystem accordingly. I can logon to the database, upload data, do useful work and manage things with Viewpoint.

But now I want to take some backups so I'm attempting to configure the DSC but the dsu-init script fails. 

Has anybody experienced this, are there known problems, has anyone successfully configured DSC?

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Configuring DSC

Can you post the exact error. I saw a customer have dsu-init fail because when they were switching to become root they ran sudo su instead of sudo su -
Try logging in again and make sure you add the dash after the sudo su so that your path gets set correctly. Let me know if this resolves the issue or not. If not please post the exact error message.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Can you post the exact error. I saw a customer have dsu-init fail because when they were switching to become root they ran sudo su instead of sudo su -
Try logging in again and make sure you add the dash after the sudo su so that your path gets set correctly. Let me know if this resolves the issue or not. If not please post the exact error message.
Teradata Employee

yes that is exactly right.

once you do sudo su - then it picks up the root user environment properly with the the appropriate envvar settings and it all works a great deal better.

Teradata Employee

I opened JIRA TDBAR-24713 to request that engineering prevent this failure in the event that the customer fails to become root using:

# sudo su

instead of the method documented in the manuals that use the dash "-":

# sudo su -