How do I configure my instance VPC to avoid my IP address from changing on restart?

Teradata Database on AWS
Teradata Employee

How do I configure my instance VPC to avoid my IP address from changing on restart?

I don't want the IP addresses to change when I restart my instances. Is there any way I can stop Amazon from changing the IP addresses of my instances?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: How do I configure my instance VPC to avoid my IP address from changing on restart?

In order to assign a static, persistent public IP address to an instance, you must allocate an Elastic IP address for use with the VPC, and then associate that Elastic IP address with a private IP address specified by the network interface attached to the instance.

To allocate an Elastic IP address to an instance in a VPC:

1. Open the Amazon VPC console
  2. In the navigation pane, choose Elastic IPs
  3. Choose Allocate New Address
  4. Choose Yes, Allocate

To associate an Elastic IP address with a running instance in a VPC:

1. Open the Amazon VPC console
  2. In the navigation pane, choose Elastic IPs
  3. Select an Elastic IP address that is allocated for use with a VPC and choose Actions, and then choose Associate Address
  4. In the Associate Address dialog box, select Instance or Network Interface from the Associate with list, and then either the instance or network interface ID. Select the private IP address to associate the Elastic IP address with from the Private IP address list, and then choose Yes, Associate.
  5. (Optional) After you associate the Elastic IP address with your instance, it receives a DNS hostname if DNS hostnames are enables.

Reference