How do I set up a connection profile in TD Studio for TD on AWS?

Teradata Database on AWS
Enthusiast

How do I set up a connection profile in TD Studio for TD on AWS?

I have TD Studio Express 15.12.02.00 for Linux 64-bit, and I have created a CloudFormation stack for the free-trial TD DB on AWS. What do I use for the connection profile fields (server name, username, database) in Studio to connect to the stack? I assume the profile password is the DBSystemPassword that I set when creating the stack.

-Thanks, zogg

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: How do I set up a connection profile in TD Studio for TD on AWS?

Hello zogg,

You need to use the Public IP addressor Public DSN of the running instance in connection profile fields in Teradata Studio. The DBC system password would be the one you have set while creating the stack.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Enthusiast

Re: How do I set up a connection profile in TD Studio for TD on AWS?

This didn't work. I couldn't get the ping to succeeed.

I then tried "Teradata Developer Database (Single Node)", which does not use CloudFormation to set up the instance, so no stack password. I was able to start the DB thru SSH, and logon via BTEQ with DBC user and DBC password. I used the teradata-recommended security group (ports 22 and 1025 inbound). However the TD Studio ping failed when I used the public DNS for server name, DBC for username, and DBC for password. I tried adding ICMP inbound to the security group, which let me ping the instance from a terminal, but the Studio Express ping still did not succeed.