I cannot logon with bteq or SQL Assistant from my PC to my Teradata Database instance but I can ssh to it, why is that ?

Teradata Database on AWS
Teradata Employee

I cannot logon with bteq or SQL Assistant from my PC to my Teradata Database instance but I can ssh to it, why is that ?

1. You need to change the dbc password by running tdc-start to enable port 1025 which is used by ODBC and CLI connections

2. Also check your inbound ports to make sure you have opened port 1025 for your IP address

2 REPLIES
dhg
N/A

Re: I cannot logon with bteq or SQL Assistant from my PC to my Teradata Database instance but I can ssh to it, why is that ?

I'm having the same issue.  I can SSH from my PC.  I can log into the database in the SSH session via bteq.   I also spun up a windows box in my AWS VPC and from there I can connect to the TDC instance on 1025 with sql assistant but only using the private IP address not the public.   From my PC I have to use public IP and no luck with sql assistant.  

Security group settings are ALL Traffic from Anywhere as well as specific rule on port 1025 from anywhere.   Thoughts?  

Teradata Employee

Re: I cannot logon with bteq or SQL Assistant from my PC to my Teradata Database instance but I can ssh to it, why is that ?

1. You need to change the dbc password by running tdc-start to enable port 1025 which is used by ODBC and CLI connections

2. Also check your inbound ports to make sure you have opened port 1025 for your IP address