Hi I'm confused over which VM to download and use with TDE 14.0. I'm using windows 10 and have downloaded TDE 14.0. By the way is there a smalled sized version of TDE15? 40Gb is too big for my current machine.
For Windows 10 you can use VMWare Workstation Player 12.
No, for TDE 15.0 and TDE 15.10, only 40GB images are provided.
ok I got as far as setting up vmplayer 12. l open up the TDE VM and I get to the "Welcome at Express " window where it asks for login and password and then it freezes! What is the login and password and why does it freeze up?
See the "getting started" document.
Click on the login box and leave the mouse cursor there. Use root for both login and password.
I have set up TDE but I can't connect to the teradata database through TDE using the example in "getting started" document. But I can connect throught the command line example. I tried to ping the database through TDE but it failed. Is there a file I need to navigate to in TDE to connect to the database?
Could not connect to testServer.
Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to testServer. (Error: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.01] [Error 1000] [SQLState 08S01] Login failure for Connection to testServer Thu May 19 06:49:45 EDT 2016 socket orig=testServer cid=14e44dd3 sess=0 java.net.UnknownHostException: testServer at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method) at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source) at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressFromNameService(Unknown Source) at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source) at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source) at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$Lookup.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:182) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:281) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:130)
Community edition is available for download at http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-virtual-machine-community-edition-for-vmwar...
Note that this forum is intended mainly for Teradata Virtual Machine Edition on VMWare ESX / ESXi (TVME).
See the Cloud Computing forum on this site for discussions related to Teradata Express for VMWare Player (TDE).
TDE is also available at http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database
@Fred: do you think it is doable to slightly revise the forum names?
The way they are now can be fairly confusing.
Hi, I originally posted this message in another forum, actually it is related to the ESXI preparation for the Development Tier license level.
I read the user guide for the deployment I could not fully understand some things:
1) Would it be possible to generate the ESXI environment containing ONLY with the database in order to save space? No viewpoint, no DSC...How could this be achieved, are steps during the ova migration that could stop the process after the database deployment?
2) Is it mandatory to be a Dell or HP or can it be from another provider? What is the minimal HW configurations?
3) Can the database be extended to 6TB ACTIVE space or just two 3TB disks that are in a RAID 1 configurations? What happens actually to the original / single disk of the template ova? The 187 GB one.
4) Where can one find info about some parameters like PhysicalCoresPerTPA or MemoryMBPerTPA?
5) How would the common json look like for the maximum allowed configuration of a development tier, quoting from the guide:
Maximum Node Count: 2
System Concurrency Limit: 2
vCPU: 2 or 4
6) The Teradata Ecosystem Manager template is mandatory or not? (since the download link is not working anymore)
7) Since the access to PUT in the development tier or express VM is not allowed, is there any PUT configuration necessary after the ESXI database template installation?
8)Is the OVA template for the 6.10 development tier identical in terms of SLES version & SDA disk to the 6.10 Express VM? I saw in both of them the same partitions and disk size on the sda disk, what differs are two data disks (sdb and sdc) on the Express vmware (which I suppose hold the data and are created by the ESXI template...of course with different size of the HDD from the ESXI machine ).
Sorry for the extended question list but I am embarking on this trip of setting the ESXI environment almost bare-handed and it is quite of work to do.