Confused over which VM to download

Teradata Database on VMWare
Enthusiast

Confused over which VM to download

Hi I'm confused over which VM to download and use with TDE 14.0. I'm using windows 10 and have downloaded TDE 14.0.  By the way is there a smalled sized version of TDE15? 40Gb is too big for my current machine.

8 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Confused over which VM to download

For Windows 10 you can use VMWare Workstation Player 12.

No, for TDE 15.0 and TDE 15.10, only 40GB images are provided.

Enthusiast

ok I got as far as setting up vmplayer 12. l open up the TDE VM and I get to the "Welcome at Express " window where it asks for login and password and then it freezes! What is the login and password and why does it freeze up?

Teradata Employee

See the "getting started" document.

Click on the login box and leave the mouse cursor there. Use root for both login and password.

Enthusiast

I have set up TDE but I can't connect to the teradata database through TDE using the example in  "getting started" document. But I can connect throught the command line example. I tried to ping the database through TDE but it failed. Is there a file I need to navigate to in TDE to connect to the database?

Could not connect to testServer.

Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to testServer. (Error: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.01] [Error 1000] [SQLState 08S01] Login failure for Connection to testServer Thu May 19 06:49:45 EDT 2016 socket orig=testServer cid=14e44dd3 sess=0 java.net.UnknownHostException: testServer  at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)  at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressFromNameService(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$Lookup.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:182)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:281)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:130) 

Enthusiast

hi

where i can find TDE for vm ? please help me through this.

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

Teradata Employee

Note that this forum is intended mainly for Teradata Virtual Machine Edition on VMWare ESX / ESXi (TVME).

See the Cloud Computing forum on this site for discussions related to Teradata Express for VMWare Player (TDE).

TDE is also available at http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database

Teradata Employee

@Fred: do you think it is doable to slightly revise the forum names?

The way they are now can be fairly confusing.