Failure on Configure Step on Teradata for Developer

Teradata Database on VMWare
Enthusiast

Failure on Configure Step on Teradata for Developer

Hi,

Creating a new thread for help on this. 

When running the PowerCLI to deploy Terdata for Developer, Deploy works until we get to Configure, and than I get the same error posted here... I've ran this and deploy VM multiple times but its always the configure that get stuck and I can't start up the teradata.

Link to properties files, and deploy logs: https://ufile.io/e6njd (couldnt find anyway to attach it on this forum).

Link to the sequencers log as mention in the error: https://ufile.io/73s0d

Some more info: 

we have NFS datastore with 30TB free. The VM & Disk are hosted on the same datastore. We have around 6 VM on the ESX host but below the 40 logical processor (36 when deploying). 

This is just a single node teradata. I never used the script to remove VM, I just delete it via Delete VM vmware (disk included).

I'd also ran TVAM, and I got the same NumBlocks at 209712384 on both disk (default setting of 100GB on configs). 

We're somewhat stuck in deploying this to test Teradata, so any help would be appreciate or any direction to it. 

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Failure on Configure Step on Teradata for Developer

Given the error provided with the ESXi (teradata for developer), i'd decided to forgo this route and went with the Teradata for VMware player.

I went and downloaded that version, convert it to a ESX compatiabile file with the standalone converter, and within 10minutes got it setup with IP, hostname, domain, etc . This is not ideal, but for testing purposes it's good enough. I didn't initially wanted to do this with the Teradata for VMware player since its somewhat ghetto so this is a better alternative.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

I'd play around with it and change the pdisksizeGB to 120GB, but as a result of that, I got the new error. 

Capture.PNG

Teradata Employee

Take a look at :

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/345460

They say that we should check the ESXI version and the Sphere version. Apparently this can occur in older versions of vSphere 5.0. What is your ESXi and VCenter versions (5.5 is the minimum).  Also, navigate to the folder on the Datastore where the VM is installed and check the log vmware.log. You can access that log by SSH'ing into the ESXI host then:

cd vmfs/volumes/myDatastore/myVM/

Enthusiast

Both ESXi and vCenter is 5.5. i'd check the vmware.log, there's nothing exceptional/warning that sticks out. It's a bit odd that once I change it from the default value of 100gb to 120gb that I get this error on Configure. Before that, I would just get what I see on the 1st post (after changing it back, deleting VM, and trying again, same error on post #1).

Thanks

Enthusiast

Given the error provided with the ESXi (teradata for developer), i'd decided to forgo this route and went with the Teradata for VMware player.

I went and downloaded that version, convert it to a ESX compatiabile file with the standalone converter, and within 10minutes got it setup with IP, hostname, domain, etc . This is not ideal, but for testing purposes it's good enough. I didn't initially wanted to do this with the Teradata for VMware player since its somewhat ghetto so this is a better alternative.