Issue on post-deploy scripts

Teradata Database on VMWare
Enthusiast

Re: Issue on post-deploy scripts

this is the properties of my setting. I am having issues with unabled to get "configure" step working.  link: https://ufile.io/yeqof (sorry, I couldn't find anyway to upload files with this site)

Actually, is there any historical teradata version that we could use to downoad to test older version? Its critical that we have it to test something even if its older. 

Thanks!

Enthusiast

How do you lower the FSG cache size?

I tried increasing the initial memory, and it makes no difference.

Thanks!

Teradata Employee

In order to change the FSG Cache you will need to be able to connect to one of the Linux nodes. If you cannot ssh to one of the linux nodes this will not help.

After logging in as user tvme via ssh here is how you do that:

tvme@dbs140:~> sudo su -
dbs140:~ # pdestate -a
PDE state is RUN/STARTED.
DBS state is 5: Logons are enabled - The system is quiescent
dbs140:~ # ctl
> screen dbs

(0) Minimum Node Action:        Clique-Down
(1) Minimum Nodes Per Clique:   1               (2) FSG cache Percent:  95
(3) Clique Failure:             Clique-Down     (4) Cylinder Read:      On
(5) Restart After DAPowerFail:  On              (6) Cylinder Read Ageing Threshold:  0
(7) Maximum Fatal AMPs:         0

> 2=85
> write
CTL: Control GDO successfully written.
Warning: A change has been made to one or more fields
         that has a deferred effect.
         TPA reset must be performed so that those changes can take effect.
> quit
dbs140:~ #

Teradata Employee

If you want to attach the exact errors, log files, screen shots and property files we can probably give you better direction in troubleshooting.

Teradata Employee

The memory and CPU is reserved for Teradata and cannot be shared. I say you mentioned the logical processors. Normally there would be an error saying you do not have enough available CPUs to deploy, but we did not see that error as best I can tell from what you provided. Just make sure have plenty of free cpu's and memory. Make sure your PDISKS are exactly the same size. Make sure you followed all the prerequesites and steps in the manuals. Also make sure that you are using the most recent versions of the deployment scripts and the templates. If you can include the entire deployment log that would be helpful.

Teradata Employee

One issue (mentioned earlier) is we could see an issue with the NTP Server. I don't think timeserver is a valid NTP server unless it's defined in your DNS. Could we you  test the following changes:

"pdiskSizeGB" : "100"

To

"pdiskSizeGB" : "120"

Also we should take a look at /var/log/messages if there is anything egregious. If you can get that for us.

Enthusiast

@ArnieChazen wrote:

One issue (mentioned earlier) is we could see an issue with the NTP Server. I don't think timeserver is a valid NTP server unless it's defined in your DNS. Could we you  test the following changes:

"pdiskSizeGB" : "100"

To

"pdiskSizeGB" : "120"

Also we should take a look at /var/log/messages if there is anything egregious. If you can get that for us.

We got quite a bit of discussion going on but for different issue. I'd made a new thread for my particular issue if anyone can take a look at it. https://community.teradata.com/t5/Teradata-Database-on-VMWare/Failure-on-Configure-Step-on-Teradata-...

Thanks!

Enthusiast

Hi samzee.

I want to apologize for hijacking your thread.  Originally I thought my issue was similar, but it appears not.  I moved my discussion to a seperate thread and will refrain from unrelated commentatry on this one...

I've moved my discussion here:

https://community.teradata.com/t5/Teradata-Database-on-VMWare/Teradata-Developer-Tier-fails-deployme...

Good luck & I hope you find a resolution!

Enthusiast

Hi,

1) We are running with some issues on our Test VMWare ESXI environment, so some of the verifications could not be performed yet.

2) Our NTP is 'timeserver'. It is reachable and works in our environment.

3) We will try changing pdisks size as soon we bring up the VM back.

Enthusiast

gdofiles2.jpggdofiles1.jpglsblk.jpgtvamerror1.jpgconfigureerror1.jpgdnserror2.pngdnserror1.pngdevctlerror1.jpgptodiskscanerror1.jpg