Teradata Developer Tier for VMWare - password mismatch on tvme login

Teradata Database on VMWare
Enthusiast

Teradata Developer Tier for VMWare - password mismatch on tvme login

Hello, 

I have downloaded Teradata on VMware Developer Tier (Release 16.20  -  19 Mar 2018) and it seems to have a mismatch between the user documentation and the real pass for the tvme user.

Documentation (Teradata Database on VMware Developer Tier - Getting Started Guidesays that for a TPA (Teradata
Database) VM type install, the default OS User is 'tvme' with password 'iumb123'. Sincerely I am tried several times. Even called other people to check it, and the password just does not work.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Developer Tier for VMWare - password mismatch on tvme login

Did you try 'root' / 'iumb123' ?

Perhaps the Security Hardening is not applied to Developer tier.

Teradata Employee

If root/iumb123 does not work then try attaching the deployment log and the propery files you used. The tvme user is created at the very end of the script, so make sure you are trying both tvme and root with the same default password mentioned in the manual. If in your deployment scripts you see an error about the password  it could be because one of his VM's did not power on due to a bad Memory MB Setting, or CPU reservation issue. Did you try re-deploying a second time?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Many thanks, I did not realize the user was created at the end of the script! The whole procedure was not run here.

Enthusiast

Having the same issue withthe same version and opened an incident.  Did redeploying resolve you issue?

Teradata Employee

Just wanted to confirm that the issue you are reporting is that you cannot ssh into the Teradata Database nodes as user tvme or root in the developer edition? Did you type in a password at deployment or did you just press [Enter] each time you were prompted to pick a password for root? Did you try redeploying? If not give that a try, if you were not entering a password you can try creating one and see if that works. If you do not enter a password the default ssh logins should be either:

tvme/iumb123

root/iumb123

Enthusiast

This was not for the Developer edition.   We have been provided a workaround while the issue is being addressed.   Here are some of the details related to the incident we opened.

Problem Detail
VMWARE Install Guide for DSU Setup Credentials Incorrect - Root Invalid User

ON PAGE 57 OF THIS USER GUIDE INDICATED (STEP 10) IT SAID TO USE THE DEFAULT ROOT LOGIN.  WHEN ENTERED, USER WOULD GET INVALID USER AND CANNOT PROCEED WITH THE SETUP.  THE "ROOT LOGON FROM THE CONSOLE IS DISABLED" IN THIS TEMPLATE.

ENVIRONMENT
TDBMS 16.20.10.01
VMWARE - TVME 

DATA STREAM UTILITY
INSTALLATION, CONFIGURATION, AND UPGRADE GUIDE FOR CUSTOMERS
RELEASE 16.20
B035-3153-127K
DECEMBER 2017
CAUSE
INVALID USER ERROR WHEN LOGGING ON AS ROOT USER
SOLUTION/ANSWER

ENGINEERING IS WORKING TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE

Enthusiast

Hi, I think I had recently the same problem but on the 16.20.07.01 Developer Edition preconfigured ova, see:

https://community.teradata.com/t5/Teradata-Database-on-VMWare/Teradata-Developer-16-20-preconfigured...

Did you find any solution?

Thanks