Certificate errors when trying to start VMserver.

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Teradata Employee

Certificate errors when trying to start VMserver.

I am trying to install Teradata on a 64-bit PC with Windows 7.  I installed the VMserver and received no error messages.  I installed Teradata 13 without problems.  I was trying to start VMserver to do step 5 in the script and got a Certificate error message.  I ignored the error and went on and got the logon prompt from VMserver and entered my logon ID and password.  VMserver rejected my login attempt with a message that says that the login ID or password is incorrect.  I unloaded VMserver and reloaded it on my PC and got the exact same error.  I checked my Microsoft Internet Explorer settings and pop-up blocker was off.  Anyone have an idea what I may be doing wrong? 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: Certificate errors when trying to start VMserver.

If by "VMserver" you mean the Oracle VM Server, then you are using the wrong product.  The Teradata VM is requires a VMWare product, such as VMWare Player.

VMWare Player is available as a free download from the VMWare web site:  http://www.vmware.com/products/player/overview.html