Creating a user through EMB portlet (in Viewpoint) errors with space issue

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.

Creating a user through EMB portlet (in Viewpoint) errors with space issue

Hi,

I have installed Elastic Marts Builder and added the Portlet to my viewpoint desktop, but when I try to create a user through EMB portlet (in Viewpoint), I get error "Not Enough Space Available". I am selecting the minimum space of 100mb (for Data Mart Size).
Any help or direction really be appreciated. BTW, the database that house elastic marts is sized at 45gb.
3 REPLIES
dfu
Teradata Employee

Re: Creating a user through EMB portlet (in Viewpoint) errors with space issue

You want to verify that the DB_Sandbox_Admin user and the DB_Sandbox_Users database was created correctly with the correct amount of space.

The default installation script creates a sandbox environment of nearly 1TB, I presume you changed it to 45GB?

After much investigation, identified that the issue was down to DB_Sandbox_Admin requiring "select" access on DBC tables. Though the user gets created on Teradata, a window pops up when clicking ok and give the following error:

An Error Has Occured. Please refresh the Browser and Try again. If the Error Continues, Please Contact Your Viewpoint Administrator"

On viewpoint server, the following error gets generated:
ERROR 20 May 2010 10:06:30,130 [http-443-Processor24] [com.teradata.portlets.mvc.ServletRenderController.processRequest(129)] cannot find method for page createSandbox
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Any ideas on this ?

Thanks
dfu
Teradata Employee

It sounds like the portlet wasn't installed correctly, but it's hard to tell just based on that error. You might want to try reinstalling.