Error while opening downloaded TD14 express

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Enthusiast

Error while opening downloaded TD14 express

Hi,

I have downloaded TD14 for vmware. When i try to open this file, i get an error that - archive is corrupted. I got this error for the first download, then i downloaded another one assming that the first one might have issues. But, still i get the same error. Please help.

Thanks !

Samir

1 REPLY
Senior Apprentice

Re: Error while opening downloaded TD14 express

Hi Samir,

did you unzip using the 7zip utility or Windows built-in? Windows unzip chokes on large files...

This is from http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/introduction-to-teradata-express-for-vmware-player

Troubleshooting

If you experience trouble unzipping the Teradata Express VMware images, please verify the file size of the downloaded file.  As these files are very large, some file corruption may occur during the download process. 

MD5 Checksums

Additionally, the MD5 checksum for each image is provided to help verify the integrity of the downloaded file.  To calculate the MD5 checksum for your downloaded files, follow these steps for your computer platform:

• For Linux users the command line syntax is: md5sum {file}
  • For Mac users the command line syntax is: openssl md5 {file}
  • For Windows user: Download a checksum tool, such as this command-line tool from Microsoft.