Licence errors from VMware server when trying to start SLES10_TD1300

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Teradata Employee

Licence errors from VMware server when trying to start SLES10_TD1300

Hi,
Need some help with licenses. I am unable to start the virtual machine in VMware server 2.02. I have the 40GB version of TD Express 13.0 installed and its showing in the inventory. All attempts to start this VM give me the error "Power On Virtual Machine failed to complete... Details: There are not enough licenses installed to perform the operation."

Its not clear to me if this is a VMware licence issue, or TD Express-related.

There is another, possibly related issue. Clicking "Application...Enter serial number..." in VMware server should allow me to enter the 23-character-long serial number from VMware. But when I enter the provided serial number VMware throws the error: "InvalidLicense: The uploaded license content was not valid".

Thanks for any help-
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Licence errors from VMware server when trying to start SLES10_TD1300

There should be no license issues with the downloaded vm. I suspect an issue with the key problem you mentioned. I suggest googling the error messages if you have not already. Please keep us posted.
Teradata Employee

this is a VMware server issue. I think you need to enter the serial # during vmware server install, not after install.
Teradata Employee

CG - You are correct. During installation of VMware Server it tells you to enter the serial "now or later" - but this is not true - You have to enter the serial # now, during installation. Thanks for the assist.
Enthusiast

Yes you are right...I got solution in same way...