Loading data to TD Express (Windows or Linux) using Ab Initio

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Teradata Employee

Loading data to TD Express (Windows or Linux) using Ab Initio

Hello - I am exploring the possibility of using an existing ETL tool (Ab Initio) to load data into TD Express databases for test/dev purposes. The ETL tool is already used to load data into a production TD system.

Are there any technical restrictions of using TD Express (either Windows native, or Windows/Linux in VMware) that would prevent this? I don't envisage any blockers that would prevent Ab Initio seeing the virtual TD instances on the network.

Has this been tried? Any advice?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES

Re: Loading data to TD Express (Windows or Linux) using Ab Initio

All the clients or applications that work on your production system should work on TD Express--subject, of course, to the obvious capacity limits. If using the VMWare edition, set the network connection for the VM to bridged mode. You may need to have your network administrator set up a static IP address for it.

Hi Jim, can you elaborate on why you would need a static IP address?

Thanks,
Shane

I said you *may* need a static IP address. I am not certain that it is necessary, but it is the standard practice. I find that I can get by with DHCP with the clients/tools that I use. If you have problems getting your client to connect, you may need a static IP address.

Yes you are right...I do agree..