Not able to import Teradata express to VMWARE server

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.

Not able to import Teradata express to VMWARE server

Hi All

I have window 7 premium OS in my laptop. I downloaded Teradata express for VMWARE (4GB). Also downloaded VMWARE server.

I am follwoing the steps provided in http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/introduction-to-teradata-express-for-vmware-player

But i am not able to do it. I am not able to execute step 5 option c as sles10_TD1300 folder is not coming in the drilldown of inventory.

Can anyone please guide me how to run teradata using VMWARE.

Thanks

Shilaba

5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Not able to import Teradata express to VMWARE server

VMWare has dropped support for VMWare Server.  You may need to use VMWare Player instead.  I am currently running several Teradata VMs on my Windows 7 host with perfect success.  After you install VMWare Player, you can run the Teradata VM simply by navigating to your sles10_TD1300 folder and double-clicking on the "sles10.vmx" file.

Enthusiast

Hey guys,

Please disregard my last question. I was able to get the downloaded TDE 13.10 instance to run on Mac OS X Lion with VMware Fusion 4 running. All is well :)

N/A

SnakeDr, Can I know how you did it? I installed the VMWare player and downloaded the Teradata from http://downloads.teradata.com/download which sent me an email with the link to download. It was an exe which it downloaded and I am not able to perform the step of pointing the VMWare player to the .vmx file since there was not such file in the .exe that I received. 

Please help.

Enthusiast

Move the sles10_TD1300 folder to Applications to guard against deletion.
After you install VMWare Fusion, you can run the Teradata VM simply by navigating to your sles10_TD1300 folder and double-clicking on the "sles10.vmx" file.

Actually it is a free virtualization product for windows and as well as linux servers also with support of enterprise class. It enables organizations to partition a physical server into multiple virtual machines and to start experiencing the benefits of virtualization.