Problem downloading Teradata 14 Express VMware

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Teradata Employee

Problem downloading Teradata 14 Express VMware

After I accept the Ts&Cs I get a blank page at http://d289lrf5tw1zls.cloudfront.net/database/teradata-express/14.00.00.01/td-express-14.00.00.01-vm...  - the progress bar at the bottom of this slowly fills up as the file is downloaded.

Once it’s downloaded, I get a dialogue box: A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer – Allow / Don’t allow so I click Allow.

Then I get a dialogue box: Windows cannot open the folder.  The compressed (zipped) Folder ‘C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\WI9A8RE\teradata-express-14.00.00.01-vm-4gb.zip’ is invalid.

There is no sign of the Low folder in the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Anyone got any idea what is going wrong?  System is Windows PC running Windows 7 Ultimate.

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Problem downloading Teradata 14 Express VMware

Hmmn, certainly looks like a problem downloading the file. Sometimes Internet Explorer has issue with large files, so let's eliminate that possibility. Can you please try downloading the file via Google Chrome?

Teradata Employee

Re: Problem downloading Teradata 14 Express VMware

Good point - in fact I downloaded it successfully via Safari on an iMac.  Looks like this was the issue.  Thanks, Neil.