TDExpress14.10.00.02_Sles11_40GB.7z TD

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.

TDExpress14.10.00.02_Sles11_40GB.7z TD

I've downloaded TDExpress14.10.00.02_Sles11_40GB.7z and i powered it on but it askes for a login name and password which i don't know!!! can anyone help me?

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: TDExpress14.10.00.02_Sles11_40GB.7z TD

Hi Donia,

I am a similar situation ane step back. I have downloaded the similar copy of the software on the VM machine, and when i try to run it through VM player, it gives me error :
1) Your CPU does not support long mode, Use a 32 bit distribution
2) the virtual machine configured is for 64 bit operating systems , how ever 64 bit operation is not possible, the host does not support Intel VT -X.

Any help?
Enthusiast

Hi Donia,

I am a similar situation ane step back. I have downloaded the similar copy of the software on the VM machine, and when i try to run it through VM player, it gives me error :
2) the virtual machine configured is for 64 bit operating systems , how ever 64 bit operation is not possible, the host does not support Intel VT -X.

Any help?
Enthusiast

Hi Donia,

Any help?
Teradata Employee

For IDs/passwords, see the intro document.

http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/introduction-to-teradata-express-for-vmware-player

As for 64-bit support, the hardware must be capable and the relevant options must be enabled (in the BIOS). VMware has a utility to check compatibility but the link in the intro document is outdated. Search the VMware site and you should still be able to find it.

Enthusiast

Hi Fred,

While running the set up through VM player on my VM machine, we are getting the same error :

2) the virtual machine configured is for 64 bit operating systems , how ever 64 bit operation is not possible, the host does not support Intel VT -X

We tried changing the 32 bit OS config as well as changing Processor preferred vitualization engine mode settings from automatic to Intel VT( there are two options), but does not work. Next we will try to see if it can be done at host physical server and if it helps.

Are you aware of any free Teradata database setup which can be run on SUSE Linux free setup/ Windows . I can take help from corresponding OS team to get the OS installed so that i can try running the database software install. Just thought of workaround , till the time VM stuff is not resulting..
Enthusiast

If anybody is able to work out the TD 14 VM ware express installation, kindly let me know the machine configuration, as i am having hard time to get it installed . 

Have checked TeraData Express sles10 VM compatibility and system requirements. I tried to run it on one of the hosts in our Lab. As per all the troubleshooting changed BIOS settings to enable VT option but I found that it is architecture of the processor differs i.e. VT-d and VT-x. Teradata VM errors shows VT-x error that means VT-x represents Intel's technology for virtualization on the x86 platform and all our lab servers are x64 platform.

Our Lab servers are having 64 bit  CPU and TeraData requirement is 64bit CPU which supports 32bit VT-x architecture as well. So in order to run TeraData package VM we need to have hardware (64bit CPU which supports 32bit architecture as well) 

From our lab end I did everything whatever required changes in the OS/Server level. I am not sure about the application side how they created VMs and settings. So as a remedy I need to have same set of hardware (i.e. CPU version, Model and hardware configuration) where this package is already running fine.