Teradata 15.10.0.7 Express Vmware: Viewpoint fails to add Teradata account

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Enthusiast

Teradata 15.10.0.7 Express Vmware: Viewpoint fails to add Teradata account

Hey guys, got my hands on TD15.10_SLES11_vp vmware today and had trouble adding a teradata account to viewpoint when it requires the Authentication Mechanism drop down to be chosen. Unfortunatly the selection box is empty and the selection cannot be made hence viewpoint cannot access the RDMS. I've tried several browsers checked network connectivity on the VM, no joy.

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata 15.10.0.7 Express Vmware: Viewpoint fails to add Teradata account

You need to have a System defined for monitoring (via the Viewpoint Admin portlet) before you can add TD accounts on that system to any user profile.

Enthusiast

Excellent - went to monitored systems and added localhost and it was all good. Previously it was setup I think. Works fine now - thankyou.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I have installed VMware Workstation 12 player on my windows 10 pc and installed Teradata Express 15.10.0.7. I am able to run bteq tool. i am not able to access the viewpoint and as well as internet. I have followed the steps as described in the artical http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/teradata-express-network-conf.

I have checked the viewpoint status using  /opt/teradata/viewpoint/bin/vp-control.sh status and all components are running.

Please help me to get out of this issue.

Thanks,

GD.

Enthusiast

Hi Fred,

I have installed VMware Workstation 12 player on my windows 10 pc and installed Teradata Express 15.10.0.7. I am able to run bteq tool. i am not able to access the viewpoint and as well as internet. I have followed the steps as described in the artical http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/teradata-express-network-conf.

I have checked the viewpoint status using  /opt/teradata/viewpoint/bin/vp-control.sh status and all components are running.

Please help me to get out of this issue.

Thanks,

GD.

vc
Enthusiast

Hi,

I did face the same issue and had exact same configuration  ,everything was working fine aprt from viewpoint and internet.

To fix the internet on the VM,use the command nestat -r .

You will get a IP in the gateway column for the destination named default.

Add the ip in the file /etc/resolv.conf using Vi or any editor

Then try to ping the website ,it should work.

The reason viewpoint is not working is because the localhost(127.0.0.1) connection is being refused for some reason.

U can try the command

wget localhost ,it will show same

I tried evrything in my knowledge to find a fix bt was  not successful.

Finally downloaded the VM (TDE 14.10.01.01 SLES 10 for VMware (40GB or 1 TB with viewpoint)).

There was  not any kind of block  on localhost in this .Everything is working now :)