Teradata Express+VMware with Windows10?

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Fan

Teradata Express+VMware with Windows10?

Will Teradata Express run on a Windows10 laptop?  (probably 16 GB memory, 1 TB drive, 64-bit compatible).

Thanks.

5 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

Re: Teradata Express+VMware with Windows10?

Hi.

It will, as long as you install VMware Workstation / Player on Windows 10.

HTH.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Fan

I found that VMWare Player 7 has been tested and worlking on Win 10.  Does Teradata Express 15 run on VMWare Player 7? 

Where can I find the specs to research up questions like this in the future?

Junior Supporter

Bill:

I think the last version of VMWare Player is 12.1 (it is called Workstation 12 Player now though).

Teradata Express 15 definitely does run on VMWare Player 7.

There are documents in the .7z bundles for download explaining such questions. Also, there are some articles in the Teradata Developer Exchange site that might help you.

HTH.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Hi,

where can i find the Teradata Express VMware Player for Windows ?

the download links on the Teradat database portal mainly refer to Linux downloads....

thank you,

joe

Teradata Employee

The Teradata Express database downloads are Linux virtual machine images. To run the virtual machine, you need to install a compatible "player" on your host system (which could be Windows, Mac, Linux).

Teradata does not supply a VM player - go to www.vmware.com and look for Workstation Player under "Free Product Downloads".