Teradata Express for VMware Player Are Downloads Working ?

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Enthusiast

Teradata Express for VMware Player Are Downloads Working ?

I've been trying to download the TDE 14.00.03.02 for VMware (4GB). Its not downloading. Are they unavailable at present. Are the VMware versions of Teradata Express for 64 bit the only option? They seem to be problem prone.

2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Express for VMware Player Are Downloads Working ?

Could not connect to Test Teradata Database.
Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to Test Teradata Database. (Error: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.01] [Error 1000] [SQLState 08S01] Login failure for Connection to testServer Sat Mar 08 02:18:09 EST 2014 socket orig=testServer cid=371c1463 sess=0 java.net.UnknownHostException: testServer  at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)  at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressFromNameService(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)  at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$Lookup.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:182)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:281)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:130)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:116)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.getIO(TDSession.java:579)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:94)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.<init>(TDSession.java:208)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection.<init>(JDK6_SQL_Connection.java:30)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6ConnectionFactory.constructConnection(JDK6ConnectionFactory.java:22)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:130)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:120)  at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:220)  at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:153)  at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnection.makeConnection(TeradataJDBCConnection.java:277)  at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnection.createConnection(TeradataJDBCConnection.java:121)  at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:105)  at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:54)  at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:73)

Well I got the SLES (4GB) downloaded  and the VMWare. I got Teradata Studio Express running but when I tired to make a new connection to a teradata base I get the message

Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Express for VMware Player Are Downloads Working ?

Teradata Studio Express is too complicated. Surely this a more simple platform to perform SQL queries on.