Teradata Express for VMware Player - Growing Pains and Version Refresh

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Teradata Employee

Teradata Express for VMware Player - Growing Pains and Version Refresh

Some of you may have noticed during the last couple of weeks that we have been experiencing some issues with our download server and the integrity of the VM's being downloaded. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you but happy to announce that we have gotten over some growing pains by moving our download server into the Amazon CloudFront cloud. Yes, even Teradata's downloadable cloud products are now in the cloud!

We are also happy to announce that we have taken this opportunity to refresh our Teradata 13.0 VM's to the recent production 13.00.00.19 point release. This release contains fixes for a number of issues as well as GLOP (GLObal and Persistent data) support. Also, you will notice enhanced download performance from the new service.

One last thing! We also have included a four Gigabyte (4GB) version of the 13.0 Teradata Express for VMware Player. This joins the recently included Japanese version and brings our total number of free offerings to 6.
7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Express for VMware Player - Growing Pains and Version Refresh

Hi,

Out of curiosity, do we have any download of 1TB version so far? :)

Regards,

MAC

after registering and submit I'm unable to get the download link to my email id. I tried many times.

Dear all,
I have downloaded vmware player3.0 for teradata express 12.0 installation in windows 7(64bit). anyone pls help me how to install guest operating system using vmware .

Regards,
Kumaresan.M
Enthusiast

As far as I know VMWare Player does not have the ability to create a new VM or install a guest OS. You don't need to do any of this if you have downloaded the Teradata Express Edition for VMWare, since it is a complete VM image with the Linux OS and Teradata already installed. You just need to unzip it into a local folder, navigate to the *.vmx file, and open it with VMWare Player.

Junior Supporter

Jim:

Since version 3.0 VMWare Player can build VM's.

Cheers.

Carlos.
Enthusiast

Carlos, thanks for the correction. However, it is still quite unnecessary to build a Teradata VM from scratch since the Teradata Express Edition for VMWare provides a complete pre-built VM image with the OS and Teradata already installed.
Junior Supporter

Jim:

Agreed.

Besides, if you want/need to configure the network, you'll surely need to use "vmnetcfg.exe" which is hidden inside “network.cab” in the VMWare Player installation file (at least in V3.0).

Cheers.

Carlos.