VM Express GDO file isf.gdo is corrupted(?)

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Enthusiast

VM Express GDO file isf.gdo is corrupted(?)

PDE won't start according to /var/log/messages due to GDO being unable to synch.  

INFO: Teradata: 11458 #Event number 33-11458-00 (severity 10, category 12) GDO file isf.gdo is corrupted.

I've got months of work in this VM and have no idea how to fix this.  Any suggestions/hints/tips?  I will pay in good beer.

4 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: VM Express GDO file isf.gdo is corrupted(?)

Check /etc/opt/teradata/tdconfig/Backup for a copy of the gdo.

Otherwise you might simply delete the gdo, it will be automatically recreated with default values when the PDE starts. Of course you should do that on a copy of the VM.

Enthusiast

Thanks Dieter!  I can verify that deleting the file and restarting PDE as you suggested did the trick.  Whew!  I've been using these VM's since they were released on all versions, and this is the first hiccup I've ever had.  I'm using the 15.00.01/SLES11 version.  

Where do I send your beer?

Senior Apprentice

You shouldn't have to send beer to Munich :-)

Enthusiast

We live in a global economy so shipping is not a problem.  But, rumor has it that there is good beer in Munich so shipping may not be necessary.  Do they have a beer equivalent for Starbucks?  I'll send a Beerbucks gift card.   Thanks again!