VMWARE and TD 14.10

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Enthusiast

VMWARE and TD 14.10

Hi,

I collect information  from here , to install  TD 14.10 in my new laptop. I got these two links:

Is there anything I miss out and any suggestion you have? The reason I am asking is that I dont want to  download unwanted files.

Wishing a Happy and Propserous New Year,

Raja

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: VMWARE and TD 14.10

That should get you started.  The TD download contains everything you need to run the VM

Enthusiast

Hi,

I downloaded both vmware player and TD 

Actions Done:

1 VMware-guest64check-5.5.0-18463---- To check the OS compatibility---IT PASSES OK

2 TDExpress14.10_Sles11_40GB  - Downloaded and it is showing in the screen of VMWARE

I am able to see the screen. However,I am seeing this weird message below:

This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

For more detailed information, see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.

It seems , it lacks BIOS. Can anyone let me know how to deal with this other than contacting the vendor.

I know contacting vendor, is taking so much of time.

Happy New Year,

Raja

Enthusiast

Hi,

I am able to configure the BIOS  my new laptop, through a long R&D, even though Lenovo customer care  does not support . I am able to land on VMWARE and am able to use bteq too. However,  I can not understand why my ip is 127.0.0.1, whereas in my hosts file the content is some other IP address:

127.0.0.1 localhost

192.168.72.128 hyperjcop1 dbccop1

192.168.56.137 nxs109.td.teradata.com nxs109 nxsl109cop1 dbccop1

I am not able to use any of these ips above excepting 127.0.0.1.

Can someone explain to me how it works?

Cheers,

Raja