VMWareWorkstation 12-CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET.RECOVERY IN PROGRESS TDExpress15.10.0.7_Sles11_40GB

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.

VMWareWorkstation 12-CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET.RECOVERY IN PROGRESS TDExpress15.10.0.7_Sles11_40GB

Hello,

I am a newbie into this tool, and I try to explore your tool.

However, I can't do bteq command and to be successfully logged in.

At first, I tried to start process:

# /etc/init.d/tpa start

Then, I typed: bteq, it asks me about login information, and then I type:

.logon 127.0.0.1/dbc

password: dbc

and then it stucks for a little bit and shows me an error: CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET.RECOVERY IN PROGRESS

I've tried also to enter into hostfile in /etc/ butm, I can't install any txt editor.

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: VMWareWorkstation 12-CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET.RECOVERY IN PROGRESS TDExpress15.10.0.7_Sles11_40

As a first check run  pdestate -a on command line, the returned PDE state should be RUN/STARTED and DBS state Logons are enabled. If not, check /var/log/messages for Teradata related errors.

Re: VMWareWorkstation 12-CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET.RECOVERY IN PROGRESS TDExpress15.10.0.7_Sles11_40

Thanks you, dnoeth

But unfortenately, my PDE State is: DOWN/HARDSTOP

I tried on TV 14.00 on vmware, and I can login to bteq condole, but I cant see Viepoint in FIrefox on localhost/c

regards,

Stefan

Senior Apprentice

Run /etc/init.d/tpa start again and then check /var/log/messages for Teradata related errors.

I can't access to the log file. If I type into console /var/lod/messages: Permission denied.

Senior Apprentice

/var/log/messages is a text file and you try to execute it :-)

You must open it with an editor or do a tail -100 /var/log/messages

Thanks for your patience :)

I've managed to run bteq efficently. Also, I set up on http:\\localhost parameters.

Now I have question, how to view from Teradata Studio Express some demo database?

Thanks.

Senior Apprentice

There are no more demo databases in TD Express, you must create & load you own tables & data.