Viewpoint performance in VM

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.

Viewpoint performance in VM

Hi

I have installed the TD 14.10 sles10 1TB express version with Viewpoint on my Windows 7 machine which has 8 Gig of RAM.  I have assigned 4 GB of RAM to the VM, however I either can't get Viewpoint to load (firefox just sits there in a loading state), or when I can get VP up and running, it's extremely slow, response times of 30 seconds or more to actions.  I would really like to get Viewpoint to run faster so that I can play around with some of the portlets.  I don't really need the 1 TB for TD, but it was the only 14.10 express version with Viewpoint.  I also closed down other applications like Outlook and Explorer, and can see from task manager that the system is using between 6-7 GB out of the 8 GB available.

Is there anything else I need to do to get VP to perform.

Cheers

Steven

Tags (2)
1 REPLY

Re: Viewpoint performance in VM

Hi

If I disable DCS on VP it seems to work a lot better, however that depends on what I'm doing in VP if I need data from the data collectors, in which case I can try and reduce collection rate.

Cheers

Steven