Viewpoint performance in VM

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.
Enthusiast

Viewpoint performance in VM

Hi

I have installed the TD 14.10 sles10 1TB express version with Viewpoint on my Windows 7 machine which has 8 Gig of RAM.  I have assigned 4 GB of RAM to the VM, however I either can't get Viewpoint to load (firefox just sits there in a loading state), or when I can get VP up and running, it's extremely slow, response times of 30 seconds or more to actions.  I would really like to get Viewpoint to run faster so that I can play around with some of the portlets.  I don't really need the 1 TB for TD, but it was the only 14.10 express version with Viewpoint.  I also closed down other applications like Outlook and Explorer, and can see from task manager that the system is using between 6-7 GB out of the 8 GB available.

Is there anything else I need to do to get VP to perform.

Cheers

Steven

Tags (2)
1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: Viewpoint performance in VM

Hi

If I disable DCS on VP it seems to work a lot better, however that depends on what I'm doing in VP if I need data from the data collectors, in which case I can try and reduce collection rate.

Cheers

Steven