using SQL Assistant with Studio Express VM

Teradata Express Software
Formerly this board name was Cloud Computing. The name was changed to better represent the product areas covered.

using SQL Assistant with Studio Express VM

Hello all -

I just now got Studio Express VM up and running on my Win7 laptop.  This article (http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/introduction-to-teradata-express-for-vmware-player) indicates I should be able to run SQL Assistant in the VM but I do not know how to start it.  Can anyone help with this?

As an aside, I have access to the Amazon AWS / EC2 environment but am clueless as to how to start up an Instance along with front-end tools like SQL Assistant.  I have read a bubch of documentation but it still does not make sense to me.  Hence, I am using the Studio Express VM.

Thank you!

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: using SQL Assistant with Studio Express VM

You can run Teradata Studio Express client (successor to SQL Assistant - Java Edition) within current versions of the Teradata Express VM. You should will see the icon on the virtual desktop once you log in to the VM. Or you can run Teradata Studio or SQL Assistant natively on your laptop and connect to the Teradata Express VM database. If you have further questions, please specify exactly which version of TD Express you have.

(Note that the article you linked dates from 2009, though much of the information still applies.)