15.10.00.03 Error After Query Result Limit

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

15.10.00.03 Error After Query Result Limit

After executing a query and accepting the "Max Row Limit" dialog box ("Result set contains at or over 2,000 rows. Cancel at 2,000 rows in accordance with settings?), running the same query a subsequent time results in the error below. Running the same query again, however, will then process the query and present the limit dialog box again. This happens every other running of the query.

Error:

Executed as Multiple statements. 

STATEMENT 1: BEGIN-END failed.  Failed [34 : 25000] [AsterData][ASTERJDBCDSII](34) NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block ()

STATEMENT 1: SET  failed.  Failed [34 : 25000] [AsterData][ASTERJDBCDSII](34) NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block ()

STATEMENT 1: Select Statement failed.  Failed [34 : 25000] [AsterData][ASTERJDBCDSII](34) NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block ()

Windows 7.

STATEMENT 1: END  completed. Elapsed time = 00:00:00.203

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: 15.10.00.03 Error After Query Result Limit

Forgot to add that I just encountered this issue after installing 15.10.00.03.

Enthusiast

Further info:

Removing the "begin" and "end" clauses allows the script to run without the issue encountered above.

begin;

<sql>

end;

Teradata Employee

Zachery, Did you uncheck the Autocommit box? 

Enthusiast

Unchecking the Autocommit box appears to prevend the original issue.

Why? I did not have to do this in prior versions.

Also, it appears that now whenver I accept that "Max Row Limit" message, the Teradata SQL History tab automatically receives focus when the results are loaded.

Teradata Employee

Zachery, The Autocommit check box was added for both Teradata and Aster to allow the user more control of transactions. This replaced a special option 'Execute as Transaction' for Aster.

Enthusiast

Thank you for your quick replies!