A simple query doesn't return all rows

Teradata Studio

A simple query doesn't return all rows

Hello:

I use Teradata Studio 15.10.

I have a small table of less than 200 records and 5 columns. When I do a generic query "select * from table_name", only 2/3 records are returned. But Java application and Teradata Express return all records with exactly the same account.

Is there any hidden filter or validator in Teradata Studio which could cause this?

Regards,

Xinyu

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: A simple query doesn't return all rows

Xinyu, Studio does not filter the result set returned. There is a Result Set Viewer preference for Max Display Row Count but you would see a pop up message if you are hitting that value. Plus the default is 2000. One thought was the TMODE JDBC property setting but if the query is simple and no WHERE clause comparisons than that should not matter. If your query does include comparisons than it may be worth noting that TMODE=ANSI is case sensitive. 

Thanks Fgrimmer. Yes I did check the row count limitation and the TMODE. As you mentioned, the query is so simple and small that none of them applies here.

After setting TMODE to be TERA, the issue is gone and Teradata studio returns all records now.

What I thought a table is actually a view in Teradata. I don't know how the view is defined because of privilege. But apparently some case sensitive condition is there.

Teradata Employee

Xinyu, glad to hear!