Add New Database in Teradata Studio Express

Teradata Studio

Add New Database in Teradata Studio Express

Hello, 

In TD SQl Asssitant, we have a Database explorer and we can add Databases to an existing/open Connection. 

But in Teradata Studio Express 15(on MAC), i dont see the Database explorer window and not able to add databases. 

Kindly guide.

Thanks

Jamuna

7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Add New Database in Teradata Studio Express

Jamuna, Studio Express provides the Data Source Explorer, lefthand side, to connect and browse your database objects. You need to create a Connection Profile to the Teradata database you want to explore. Once connected to the database server, you can open the folders to see the list of databases, tables, etc. Are you able to create a connection to your Teradata server? Is the database you are looking for a child to another database or user?

I have installed Studio Express, not able to create a Connection Profile to the Teradata database.

Please someone help me on this issue.

Thanks

Shrihari

Teradata Employee

@shrihari, Were you able to follow the instructions in the Studio Express article on Developer Exchange (http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/teradata-studio-express) using the Connection Profile Wizard?

Hi fgrimmer,

I tried to follow the instructions in the Studio Express article.

I am getting the "java.net.UnknownHostException: TestServer" Please help me with this.

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

@shrihari, Please verify that you have access to a Teradata Database called TestServer. The exception 'UnknownHost' means that it can not find the server called 'TestServer'. You can also enter the IP address. 

Hi fgrimmer ,

I'm also facing the same problem as @shrihari. Not able to connect to the test server.

IP address mention in the previous comment mean the system's IP or what.

Please help regarding this issue 

Teradata Employee

Yes. It is the database server IP address. If this is a Teradata Express system running in a VM, you will need to find the IP address to access the VM.