Auto Column Lookup in StudioExpress

Teradata Studio

Auto Column Lookup in StudioExpress

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the new TD Studion Express and have been running some simple queries to learn about the new functionalities. Auto detection of tables seems to occur at random (when typing the select statement), does anyone know what setting  might set this to default?

Moreover, is there an auto column lookup function in TD StudionExpress (equal to e.g. Microsoft SQL), thus after specifying your tables, creating a where statement will automatically generate possible column-names?

Regards,

Steven

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Auto Column Lookup in StudioExpress

Steven, The code assist feature is by default turned on for Studio Express. You can turn it off via the toolbar toggle or top level Tools menu option 'Code Assist Autoactivation'. Code assist can help with the list of objects in a database when you pause after entering the period, '.'. It will provide the list of columns when you fully qualify with the databasename.tablename followed by a period, '.'.

Hi fgrimmer,

Thanks for the information!

Auto-detecting tables does seem to work after specifying the database, just as you informed.

Maybe my question was actually twofold, is there also an auto-detect function for column name after a specific db.table has been specified?

Steven

Teradata Employee

Steven, Yes. You should see the list of columns if you fully qualify with the database name.table name followed by a period.  For example:

select * from DBC.DBCInfo where DBC.DBCInfo.InfoData = 'x';

As I typed the above select statement, a pause after the period would show the appropriate lists. You would need to choose the column from the list.